By Robert Haugh
The City and California’s Great America are both hosting professional fireworks displays. Here’s some info that may be helpful to you and your family on July 4th.
Santa Clara Traffic Information
Several roads and intersections will be closed to vehicle traffic from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.:
- Kiely Blvd. between the pavilion parking lot and the Post Office
- Via Roma Place at Kiely
- Kaiser Drive at Kiely
- Hearth Place at Kiely
- Patricia Drive between the tennis center and the lawn bowling green – public parking will not be available on Patricia Drive.
- A passenger drop off will be available in front of the Central Park Library.
- A free bicycle watch will be available in Central Park
- Personal fireworks, drones, portable barbecues, pets, alcohol and open flames are prohibited in Central Park.
The City anticipates heavy traffic and delays in and around both event venues.
Reporting Illegal Fireworks
According to a City press release, the City receives over 150 calls related to illegal fireworks every July 4th. Residents may call 408-615-5580 to report the illegal sale or use of fireworks.
Police ask residents to have information such as where the fireworks are being set off, name(s) or a detailed description of the people using the fireworks (if possible) and a brief description of the incident.
We hope everyone in the Mission City has a safe and fun Fourth of July.