By Robert Haugh
The County of Santa Clara Public Health Officer issued new requirements for face masks. Here’s the summary:
- Everyone must wear face masks whenever they’re at a business, including outdoor businesses.
- Businesses must post signs reminding the individuals to wear a face mask when they’re at their facilities.
- Children, age 6 and under;
- Anyone who has trouble breathing or is unable to remove a face covering without help; and
- People outdoors exercising.
When out in public, people are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering, such as a bandana, scarf, towel or other pieces of cloth or fabric. Face masks can help, but social distancing is still the best way to avoid spreading COVID-19.
For more information, the County has info on Critical Guidance on Face Coverings.
For tips on wearing a cloth face mask and how to make one, you can go to this site: SantaClaraCA.gov/FaceCoverings.