By Robert Haugh
Jed York made another big contribution on Wednesday in his effort to win four City Council seats.
This time he contributed $950,000. His total contribution is now $2.4 million. Wow.
York is trying to take control of the City Council by electing the following people:
- Anthony Becker (District 6),
- Harbir Bhatia (District 1),
- Suds Jain (District 5),
- Kevin Park (District 4).
York is officially opposing the following candidates:
- Rob Mezzetti (District 6),
- Bob O’Keefe (District 5),
- Councilwoman Teresa O’Neill (District 4),
- Councilwoman Kathy Watanabe (District 1)
Stand Up for Santa Clara’s Burt Field tweeted this in response yesterday.
The City’s website has charts that show the spending for all districts from all sources.
Spoiler alert: York is outspending everyone by a lot. Santa Clara voters may not be happy but TV stations are.