By Robert Haugh
As people get vaccinated, our countrywide COVID positivity rate has declined to 1.2 percent. According to the California Department of Public Health website, our community is moving from “substantial” to “moderate” numbers.
That means that the state is likely to move Santa Clara County from the Red Tier into the Orange Tier today.
That’s good news for Santa Clara stores and restaurants. They will be able to increase their capacity from 25 percent to 50 percent.
Movie theaters and museums can reopen at 50 percent or 200 people, whichever is less.
According to City sources, the numbers are likely to continue downward as more people get vaccinated.
Public health experts urge the public to continue to practice social distancing and mask wearing.
Also, Mission City residents are encouraged to get vaccinated and tested.
For testing, here’s info from the City’s website:
COVID-19 Testing in Santa Clara
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: All testing dates are at Central Park Library, 2635 Homestead Road, Santa Clara
- Schedule an appointment https://scl.fulgentgenetics.com/appointment (use a web browser other than Internet Explorer).
- Appointments open for scheduling, typically 7 days before the testing date.
- This testing site is NOT designed to test individuals with symptoms of COVID-19.
- Test results take 2-3 days.
- No insurance is required, no immigration status or ID. Bring your appointment number.