By Robert Haugh
Tonight’s Council meeting includes many items. It’s likely going to be another very late night.
Here’s a short list of items:
- Closed session includes Public Employee Performance Evaluation of City Attorney Brian Doyle. The 49ers want Doyle gone. Will the pro-49er Council majority comply?
- Action on Silicon Valley Power Logo Temporary Redesign in Recognition of 125th Anniversary
- Recognize Local Youth Author Paarth Bansal
- Adopt a Resolution Establishing an Independent Redistricting Commission to Conduct Public Engagement and Adoption of City Council District Election Map as a Result of the 2020 U.S. Census
- Direction on the Next Steps for the El Camino Real Specific Plan
- Action on Amendment No. 4 to the Agreement for Professional Services with Perkins + Will for the Tasman East Specific Plan
- Consideration of Silicon Valley Power Quarterly Strategic Plan Update
- Action on a Written Petition submitted by Gabriela Landaveri Requesting the City of Santa Clara Adopt a “Vision Zero” Policy (Deferred from June 22, 2021)
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Councilmember Suds Jain Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Meeting to have a Policy Discussion on Data Centers (Deferred from June 22, 2021)
- Action on a Written Petition submitted by Ana Vargas-Smith to add an agenda item to consider financial and in-kind support for the Santa Clara Parade of Champions Plan A (Live Parade) or Plan B (Virtual Parade)
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Councilmember Kathy Watanabe Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Meeting to Discuss Preparation of a Letter from Mayor and Council to the California Citizens Redistricting Commission