By Robert Haugh
The Santa Clara City Library will open some services in the coming weeks.
Next week, the Mission and Northside Branch Libraries will expand in-person services. The Central Park Library will do the same during the week of Aug. 23, 2021.
Library patrons will be able to:
- enter the library to browse the collection,
- return borrowed books,
- use the self-checkout machines and public computers, and
- get answers and assistance from Library staff.
The Library’s community and study rooms will remain closed. The City anticipates that the rooms will be used as voting places for the gubernatorial recall election in September.
Here the are new branch hours:
- Starting July 26, Mission Branch Library —
Hours: Monday and Wednesday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (closed Thursday through Sunday)
- Starting July 29, Northside Branch Library —
Hours: Thursday, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (closed Monday through Wednesday and Sundays)
- Starting August 23, Central Park Library —
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Wednesday, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (closed Sundays)
Here are some safety protocols:
- All library patrons, users and staff are required to wear face coverings while inside library facilities or while attending library programs unless otherwise exempt by State and County guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and at various service points
- Available public computers will be spaced out to encourage social distancing when possible.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all public service desks.
City staff anticipates that all Santa Clara libraries will return to regular hours and operations by the start of the next calendar year.