By Robert Haugh
Here’s a quick summary of tomorrow’s meeting:
- In closed session, the Council will review the performance of City Attorney Brian Doyle.
- The Council will recognize the Wilcox High School Chargers football team on their state championship. Congrats to the Chargers for being the CIF Div III State Champions.
- The Council will discuss the El Camino Real Specific Plan, which will provide guidelines for development on The Grand Boulevard. Councilmembers Raj Chahal, Karen Hardy, and Mayor Lisa Gillmor cannot participate because of conflicts.
- A consent calendar item sees the Council get a glimpse at the first quarter report for the Convention Center’s Financial Status Report.
- Council takes action on the “Agrihood Project” with Core Affordable Housing for the development of up to 361 multi-family residential units and 1.5 acres of open space at 1834 Worthington Circle/90 North Winchester, the former BAREC site. We recently published a guest opinion by local businessman and community leader Kirk Vartan about the project and its need for retail space.