By Robert Haugh
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. If you’re a 49ers fan or a Michigan football fan, I hope at least your food was good.
Here’s a quick summary of the main items for tomorrow’s City Council meeting:
- During the closed session, Council will review the performance of City Manager Deanna Santana. We gave her a positive review (A-minus grade) for her first year.
- There will be a study session on potential changes to the City’s massage ordinance.
- Silicon Valley Power electric rates will be discussed. A proposal to raise electric rates for “large customers” is slated. SVP rates are already way lower than PG&E rates. Let’s hope they stay that way.
- There will be a lot of items on the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce/Convention-Visitors Bureau (CVB), Convention Center and the Tourism Improvement District (TID) including a response from the Chamber and more information from auditor Tap International. Highlights include findings on the structural mismanagement of the Chamber and Convention Center and means for improving existing and former practices.
- We will hear an update on the status of the Harvey M. Rose Measure J compliance audit.
- The Stadium Authority will hear an informational annual report.