By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s City Council meeting is the first full meeting for new Councilmembers Kevin Park, Anthony Becker and Suds Jain.
The agenda includes:
- Closed session includes a Conference with Legal Counsel-Existing Litigation — City of Santa Clara v. Yumori Kaku, et al., California Sixth District Court of Appeal Case No. H046105. This is the CVRA appeal that is set to be reviewed by the appellate court on Thursday. Councilman Raj Chahal pushed this last week. He got criticized for being dishonest and unnecessarily giving away taxpayers money.
- Update on the City’s interest to relocate the Santa Clara County Courthouse located at 1095 Homestead Road. The Judicial Council states they are not interested in selling the property.
- Introduction of the new CEO of Silicon Valley/Santa Clara DMO, Inc.
- Public Hearing: Action on the Consideration of adding the Pomeroy Green Townhouses at the Northeast Corner of Pomeroy and Benton to the National Register of Historic Places
- Verbal Report from City Manager regarding COVID-19 Pandemic