By Robert Haugh
On Saturday, August 14, Santa Clara’s city wide garage sale returns after taking a year off because of COVID-19.
Online registration started yesterday and will be open until August 11.
Individual households, multi-family buildings, or residential blocks may register their participation at this website. Garage sales will appear on a map that buyers can use to find sales. A map and a spreadsheet will be available for download.
Here are some tips from the City’s website if you want to host a garage sale:
- Complete the garage sale registration form.
- Create a master list with the items for sale and their prices.
- Post visible signs on private property only (no signs may be posted on utility or street sign poles).
- Have change and petty cash available. Have plenty of bags and boxes available.
- Donate usable items not sold. Visit RecycleStuff.org for ideas on where donated items can be accepted.
For more info, email Environment@SantaClaraCA.gov or call 408-615-3080.