By Robert Haugh
On Saturday, August 14, Santa Clara’s city wide garage sale returns after taking a year off because of COVID-19.
Online registration started yesterday and will be open until August 11.
Individual households, multi-family buildings, or residential blocks may register their participation at this website. Garage sales will appear on a map that buyers can use to find sales. A map and a spreadsheet will be available for download.
Here are some tips from the City’s website if you want to host a garage sale:
- Complete the garage sale registration form.
- Create a master list with the items for sale and their prices.
- Post visible signs on private property only (no signs may be posted on utility or street sign poles).
- Have change and petty cash available. Have plenty of bags and boxes available.
- Donate usable items not sold. Visit RecycleStuff.org for ideas on where donated items can be accepted.
For more info, email Environment@SantaClaraCA.gov or call 408-615-3080.
[…] Clara’s City Wide Garage Sale returns on August 14. It’s a great opportunity to clean out stuff or pick up things you need for a good […]
Wow City wide garage sale, thanks. I still don’t understand why we can have music in the park and the street dance..
The garage sale is a great opportunity for Santa Clarans to get rid of the useless junk they don’t want. Speaking about getting rid of useless junk, when are the Park, Becker and Jain recall campaigns going to start?
What a sad comparison. How quickly our elected officials are now being compared to an old, useless piece of junk.
Now here is the really crazy part, I think it should be our City Wide Garage sale that is offended. I mean who wants to be compared to the “Fab Five”.
How fast we have fallen.