By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s City Council meeting has a brief agenda.
But this Council has a habit of making meetings last to the late evening hours.
The El Camino Real specific plan will likely be the lengthiest discussion. This was originally approved, but the new Council brought it back after prior public hearings.
Here’s other agenda items:
- Closed session — Public Employment Appointment: City Manager
- Closed session — Conference with Legal Counsel-Existing Litigation — Gloria Zamora & Antonio Zamora v. City of Santa Clara, et al., United States District Court, Northern District of California, Case No. 5:21-cv-05610
- Recognition of Police Reserve Retirements
- Recognition of Outgoing Commissioners on the Parks and Recreation Commission, Planning Commission and the Senior Advisory Commission
- Proclaim September 15, 2022 to October 15, 2022, as National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Proclaim September 2022 as Adult Literacy Awareness Month
- Public hearing — Provide Direction to Staff on Alternatives for the Completion of the El Camino Real Specific Plan
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Lee Broughman Requesting to Place an Agenda Item on a Future Council Meeting for Council to Discuss the Issue of Council Person Karen Hardy and Raj Chahal Attendance as a Guest of 49ers at a Game on November 15, 2021 in Violation of Santa Clara City Council Gift Policy and reprimand for these violations (Deferred from August 30, 2022)
Zamoras are criminals suing the city.
The City web site shows a special council meeting this afternoon 9/12/22 at 4pm, topic, City Attorney appt in closed session. Any word on what that’s about?
It’s just personnel discussion on hiring/retaining City attorney. It’s likely negotiating and updates on the search for a permanent City attorney. This has been on several agendas over the past several months. Maybe soon there’ll be be actions to obtain a full time city attorney.
Will the Cmmunity Leaders of Santa Clara supporting Becker, Santa Clara Neighbors Supporting Raj Chahal, Karen Hardy, Frustrated Santa Clarans Opposing Lisa Gillmor, attend?
You mean, can I say their names? Gulp! Jed York and Patty Mahan?? Should the red carpet be rolled out? 😂😂