By Robert Haugh
Another atmospheric river will drench the Bay Area today.
Santa Clara Valley Water District listed the following “hot spots” as areas that could flood:
- Uvas Creek, with potential flooding of Highway 101 in Gilroy
- San Francisquito Creek in Palo Alto
- Ross Creek at Cherry Avenue in San Jose
- Upper Penitencia Creek at Mabury and King roads in San Jose
- Guadalupe River at West Alma Avenue in San Jose
- Sunnyvale East Channel at Tasman Drive in Sunnyvale
- West Little Llagas Creek in Morgan Hill
The District also offers free sandbags for residents of Santa Clara County.
The sandbag sites listed below are managed by Valley Water and are open from November through April.
- Alviso: 5030 N 1st St., located behind George Mayne Elementary School, entrance on Wilson Way behind school
- Palo Alto: 1925 Embarcadero Road, adjacent to Palo Alto Air Terminal
- San Jose: City Central Service Yard, 1661 Senter Road at Phelan Ave., San Jose, CA 95122
San Jose: Santa Clara Valley Water District Winfield Warehouse, Winfield Boulevard between Blossom Hill Road and Coleman Avenue, San Jose, CA 95123
Morgan Hill: El Toro Fire Station, 18300 Old Monterey Road
In Santa Clara, filled bags at the front door of the City Corporation Yard, 1700 Walsh Ave.
Here’s a map of other all the locations in surrounding cities.