By Robert Haugh
The 49ers are serious about defeating Measure C. They’ve put in more money since their last campaign report. Jed York upped his spending from $317,125 to $334,719. Wow.
They’ve done a lot of “No on Measure C” TV commercials, radio ads, and mailers.
As of last Friday, there’s no Yes on Measure C campaign. We’re told no one is planning on starting one. Santa Clarans are just talking to Santa Clarans.
So unless York puts in more money, the spending difference will be $334,719 to $0.
It’ll be interesting to see how many votes York gets for his money. But so far this year billionaires aren’t doing too well in campaigns.
Town Hall Meeting on Dark Money
Tonight, City Clerk Hosam Haggag will host a town hall on the Dark Money Ordinance. You can call in, go to City Hall, or watch online. The details are below.
We don’t know if Haggag invited York or any 49er execs. But we’ll be watching to find out.
Date: 02/24/2020 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
- By Phone – join the conversation without leaving your home.
- Sign up online with your preferred phone number
- Respond “YES” when you receive our text alert.
- Answer the phone at 7 p.m. on Feb. 24 when we call.
- Attend in Person – come to Santa Clara City Hall Council Chambers in person to watch City Clerk, Hosam Haggag, host this town hall and answer questions.
- Watch Online – the City will stream this town hall on Ch. 15, Facebook, YouTube and the City website.
Tomorrow’s Council Meeting
There is a Council meeting tomorrow with the following items:
- Study Session with the Cultural Commission
- Presentation by the County Assessor regarding California Schools and Local Communities Funding Act of 2020
- Verbal Report from City Clerk regarding March 2020 Election
- Report on Illegal Street Racing and Sideshow Activity