By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s Council meeting includes:
- Adopt a Resolution Ratifying the Proclamation of Existence of a Local Emergency by the Director of Emergency Services.
- Development Area Plans for the Related Santa Clara project will be discussed.
- Silicon Valley Power’s quarterly report will be discussed.
- Closed session features a number of legal items, including pending litigation by David’s Restaurant, several real estate negotiations and employee bargaining unit items.
- Action on a Resolution of Intention to Establish the Santa Clara Tourism Improvement District.
- Acceptance of the latest fiscal quarter and end of year financial statements of the Santa Clara Convention Center. The Center is making money under Spectra. That’s a nice change from when they were being managed (mismanaged?) by the Santa Clara Chamber. Let’s hope the drop in travel due to COVID-19 won’t be a long term impact.