By Robert Haugh
On Wednesday, March 11, City Manager Deanna Santana officially proclaimed a local state of emergency due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community.
Here’s information the City has sent out about the latest event cancellations and program changes:
Latest Changes for Upcoming Events
- The Meadow Park Ribbon Cutting and Park Dedication, scheduled for March 14, is now postponed due to the County’s mandatory order to cancel mass gatherings and the latest County Public Health guidance for COVID-19. The Park is open for public use during normal park hours 6 a.m. to 30 minutes after dusk. Please follow City park rules and County Health Department guidelines.
- At this time, City Council, Santa Clara Stadium Authority, and board and commission meetings remain scheduled while social distancing measures will be implemented in accordance with public health guidance. The conduct of these meetings is subject to change as this public health emergency evolves.
City Programs and Services
Santa Clara Senior Center
- Effective Friday, March 13, the Santa Clara Senior Center will be closed to the public through Sunday, April 5, 2020 (at a minimum).
- All programs and classes are canceled, except for the Senior Nutrition lunch program, which will be available to our registered participants from 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. A “to go” lunch option will be available to help seniors follow the public health guidance on social distancing. Please call the Front Desk at 408-615-3170 if you need to schedule appointments or would like to order lunch “to go”.
Earl Carmichael Gymnastics Center
- The Earl Carmichael Gymnastics Center will be closed beginning Saturday, March 14 through Saturday, March 28, 2020 (at a minimum). All programs and classes are canceled for the remainder of this session, and prorated refunds are being processed. Staff is aiming to begin the new spring session the week of March 30 (pending further direction) after a deep clean of the facility has been completed. Please call the Front Desk at 408-615-3140 if you have any questions.
Anthony Becker, want to be leader. Help each other but not come together. Remember, it’s a virus.
come together= stop our disagreements and focus on the problem we all face….not physically come together.
To my fellow Santa Clarans
Stay safe and stay healthy
We will overcome this
Time for us to all come together and help one another