By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s Council meeting is the first in several weeks as Council took their annual Summer break. They’re back now and it’ll be interesting to see how they deal with the behavior of Councilman Kevin Park.
The City Staff thinks he’s abusive.
But so do community leaders. This item is on the agenda:
- Action on a Written Petition (Council Policy 030) submitted by Leonne (Lee) Broughman on July 12, 2021 to add an agenda item to a future date about Censure/Admonishment of Councilmember Kevin Park
Here’s some of the other items:
- Closed session — Conference with Legal Counsel-Existing Litigation — City of Santa Clara v. D.E. II Restaurants, Inc., Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 19CV340508
- Check-in on 2021 City Council Priorities
- Action on the adoption of Ordinance No. 2030 to reinstate the International Exchange Commission, and amend the powers, functions, and duties of the Cultural Commission (Continued from May 25, 2021)
- Discussion on Consideration of the Sale of the Loyalton Ranch Property (Continued from May 25, 2021)
[…] As reported Monday, Councilman Kevin Park was going to be a big focus of yesterday’s meeting. […]
Thank you Lee Brofman for doing this. Only problem is what was good for goose is probably not going to be appropriate for the gander. The 5 49er loving hypocrites will no doubt pledge their allegiance to the almighty $$ that got them elected.
Park has publicly insulted thousands of hard working Santa Clara home owners. How dare he compare the back bone of our city, the people who built our city, and regretfully many of the people who voted for him, to a bunch of toddlers. Kevin Park must be held to censure by the entire City Council and offer a heartfelt apology to every Santa Clara citizen.
Kevin Park’s henchmen have poor memories. They’ve clearly forgotten the first rule of Fight Club. You do not talk about Fight Club. In email exchanges Jay Reed and Ed McGovern, the duos of disaster, have provided the legal evidence that will lead to the eventual and precipitous fall of Park. The only question will be the amount of time that will be required to pay his debt to society. More to come. Stay informed good people of Santa Clara. On a side note, perhaps their hapless but talkative sidekick will avoid their criminal fate.
I hate politics in general but what did he do?
THIS IS A GOOD START!
Kevin Park needs to remember he was elected to represent his district and the city, not try to be the mayor for the 49ers. Representing the 49ers may pay better although his ignorant constituents voted him in. It seems as though creepy Kevin can give a little back.