By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s Council meeting is yet another special meeting.
Here are some key items on the agenda:
- Closed session — Public Employee Appointment Interim City Attorney
- Closed session — Public Employee Appointment Executive Recruiter for City Attorney
- Santa Clara Valley Water District Presentation — Update on the Purified Water Project
- Study session — Patrick Henry Drive Specific Plan
- Public hearing on Information and Update on the Ad Hoc Committee on the Apology Letter Relating to the City’s California Voting Rights Act Litigation (Deferred from November 9 and 16, 2021)
- Public hearing on Action on Formalization of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (Deferred from November 9 and 16, 2021)
- Public hearing on Waive First Reading and take Action on the Introduction of Ordinance to Amend Chapter 2.120, Entitled Boards and Commissions, to Update Boards and Commission Members Qualifications (Deferred from November 9 and 16, 2021)
- Public hearing on Update on Sustainability Program and Provide Feedback on 2022 Program Focus Areas
- Public Hearing Adoption of a Resolution Granting Non-Exclusive Franchise Agreements for Hauling of Industrial Refuse and Recyclables and Approval of Related Budget Amendment (Five Affirmative Votes Required)
- Public hearing — Approve CalPERS’ Annual Requirement of the 2022 Salary Plans for Classified and Unclassified Employees Pursuant to Current Labor Contracts base on Council’s Former Approved Cost of Living Increases, Including the Classifications of City Manager, and Approval of a Second Amendment to the City Manager Employment Agreement to Memorialize the Past Two Years of 0% and 4.5% COLAs effective December 26, 2021
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Jared Peters Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Consider making a Policy Decision Regarding the City Assuming Responsibility of an Unstable and Dangerous Sound Wall in the Laurel Park East Neighborhood
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Travis L. Flora Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Consider Admonition or Censure of Councilmember Anthony Becker for his Retaliation Against a Member of the Public on at Least Two Separate Occasions During the Council and Authorities Concurrent Meeting on November 16, 2021
- Action on a Council Written Request Submitted by Councilmember Suds Jain Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Consider a Neighborhood Stadium Relations Committee
Did somebody hear a cork pop? Here comes JB the white racist. Always worried about race. Always good for business.
The Superior and Appellate courts found the City had racially discriminated against Asians. What facts/evidence do you have to the contrary? City Attorney Doyle went down same rabbit hole and lost costing residents $6MM.
What u got)
Big rigs must go. Cars are OK for parking.
Can something be done about all the semis parked on El Camino? It makes it real hard to see traffic coming out of driveways.
I’m not sure what the options are but when I visit the bank it is always a problem pulling out onto ECR because there is a big rig parked in front of the bank 95% of the time. I assume the drivers are customers of the local motels. Don’t know where they could park. If the ECR specific plan ever took effect there would be no on-street parking on ECR. That only gives 5 – 10 years to figure it out, right?