By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow is yet another special Santa Clara City Council meeting.
The biggest news from the agenda — the Council is finally filling the vacant City Attorney position. But it looks like they cannot find a person willing to fill the job. So they’ll go with the law firm Lozano Smith LLP.
Looks like not one person could be located. And the firm will get up to $300,000.
Here are other items:
- Closed session Public Employee Appointment — Interim City Attorney
- Closed session Public Employee Appointment — City Attorney
- Closed session Conference with Legal Counsel-Anticipated Litigation Demand letter from the Law Offices of Randal M. Barnum, representing Andrea Jordan, dated February 1, 2022.
- Study Session on the Fiscal Year 2022/23 Municipal Fee Schedule and Parks & Recreation Cost Recovery Policy
- Recognition of Santa Clara students for their participation in Santa Clara Valley Science and Engineering Fair Association’s Synopsys Science and Technology Championship
- Presentation by Santa Clara Relay for Life
- Verbal Report from the Chief Emergency Services Officer regarding COVID-19 Pandemic
- Verbal Report Update from Chief Emergency Services Officer Regarding the Local Drought Emergency
- Public Hearing: FY21/22 Annual Action Plan Substantial Amendment and FY22/23 DRAFT Annual Action Plan for the use of Federal Housing and Urban Development Grant Funds
- Public hearing Hold a Public TEFRA Hearing and Action on the Adoption of a Resolution Approving the California Municipal Finance Authority (CMFA) Issuance of Tax-Exempt Bonds Relating to the Financing of an 80-unit Multifamily Rental Housing Project for Low-income Senior Households to be Located at 3333 Kifer Road
- Action on Written Petition Regarding Responsibility of a Sound Wall Adjacent to Pruneridge Avenue in the Laurel Park East Neighborhood
- Action on: 1. Adoption of a Resolution approving the amended salary plan for Unclassified Employees; 2. Adoption of a Resolution approving the amended salary plan for As-Needed (Temporary) Employees; and 3. Approve and authorize the Mayor to execute an Agreement for Interim City Manager services with Rajeev Batra
- Action on Approval of Agreement with GVP Ventures, Inc. dba Bob Murray & Associates for Executive Recruiting Services for City Manager Vacancy
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Joseph Goschy Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Discuss Appealing a Building Violation at 220 Tyler Avenue
- Action on a Council Written Request Submitted by Councilmember Anthony Becker Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting Proposing to Invite all Members of the Santa Clara Commissions/Committees/Task Forces to the Rescheduled 2022 Priority Setting Session to Provide Input on their Priorities for the Year
- Action on a Council Written Request Submitted by Vice Mayor Suds Jain Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Discuss how to change the noticing policy so as to reach more people