By Robert Haugh
Tonight’s Council meeting has a lot of important items.
The Council will hear from Current Downtown Precise Plan Consultant, WRT regarding a Financial Analysis for Moving City Hall to the Original Downtown (Franklin Square). This is an item spearheaded by the Reclaiming Our Downtown group.
Buried in the consent calendar is an item that authorizes the City Manager to execute the 2022-2024 Memorandum of Understanding with the American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees, Local 101 (Unit 6).
Another highly discussed item is the future of the Santa Clara PAL BMX track. City Staff will be providing an update.
Other agenda items:
- Study Session: Review of the Proposed FY 2022/23 & FY 2023/24 Biennial Capital Improvement Program Budget and FY 2022/23 Operating Budget Changes
- Proclaim May 2022 as Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Public Hearing: Adoption of a Resolution Setting Rates for Overall Solid Waste Services and Annual Clean-up Campaign in the Exclusive Franchise Area
- Action on the Freedom Circle Future Focus Area Plan
- Action on a Resolution Declaring the Loyalton Ranch Property Surplus
- Action on a Council Written Request Submitted by Councilmember Anthony Becker to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Discuss Construction of New Lawn Bowl Facility to Follow Through on Past Promises
- Consent calendar — Actions to Modify the Classification Specification for Senior Power Scheduler Trader (Job Code 772), Approve a New Classification Specification Titled Development Project Manager (Job Code 158), and Adopt a Resolution Approving and Adopting the Updated Unclassified Salary Plan.