By Robert Haugh
Tonight’s City Council and Stadium Authority meeting has another long agenda. Let’s see if they finish before Wednesday. Maybe we need a time limit for Councilmembers like the public has.
Here’s the agenda items:
- Closed Session — Public Employee Appointment — City Attorney
- Closed Session — Public Employee Appointment — City Manager
- Closed Session — Conference with Legal Counsel-Existing Litigation — Marcus Dean Diaz v. City of Santa Clara, et al., United States District Court, Northern District of California, Case No. 5:20-cv-03506
- Study Session — Strategy for Additional Parkland in the Tasman East Specific Plan Area, in Conjunction with an Amendment to Add 1,500 Units to the Specific Plan
- Recognition of the 2022 Santa Clara Parade of Champions
- Verbal Report from the Chief Emergency Services Officer regarding COVID-19 Pandemic
- Verbal Report Update from City Manager Regarding the Local Drought Emergency
- Public Hearing: Action on FY 2021/22 Budget Year-End Report and Approve the Related Budget Amendments
- Public Hearing: Action on a Resolution Amending Rate Schedules for Electric Services for All Classes of Customers, Effective January 1, 2023
- Public Hearing: Action on Appointment of a Santa Clara Station Area Plan Task Force
- Public Hearing: Actions to Adopt a Resolution Approving and Adopting Updated Salary Plans for Various As-Needed, Classified, and Unclassified Positions, Including City Manager. Interim City manager Rajeev Batra’s current contract as a retired annuitant terminates on January 31, 2023. The City Manager salary would range from $460,000 and $483,000 per year, plus benefits. The City attorney salary has a maximum of $332,000, but no minimum listed.