By Robert Haugh
Tuesday’s Santa Clara City Council meeting is a special meeting that had not been scheduled due to the annual Summer break. Since the new Council majority took over, there has been an astonishing amount of special meetings.
Among the topics include the City’s operating budget and a contract with Milpitas Police Department to aid in public safety for Levi’s Stadium.
- Closed session: Conference with Legal Counsel-anticipated litigation — Exposure to litigation: Claim of Moonlite Associates, LLC.
- Proclaim Portuguese National Heritage Month for June 2023
- Recognition of the Santa Clara Women’s League donation of $8,000 to support the Senior Center Health & Wellness Case Management Program and the “Be Strong, Live Long 2023” Health & Wellness Fair.
- Recognition of Silicon Valley Central Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Consent calendar — Actions on a Density Bonus Agreement (DBA) with Santa Clara Pacific Associates to allow a Multifamily Housing Development with 198 affordable rental units at 80 Saratoga Avenue and delegation of authority to the City Manager to negotiate and execute future DBAs in accordance with Santa Clara City Code.
- Consent calendar –Action on Amendment No. 4 with Wallace Roberts and Todd, LLC (WRT) to add two study Cities to the City Hall relocation study and related budget amendment.
- Consent calendar — Action to Adopt a Resolution to provide Santa Clara small businesses reporting 49 or fewer employees a one-time subsidy to help offset costs of Modernized Business License Taxes using existing Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce settlement funds up to $330,000.
- Consent calendar — Action to authorize the City Manager to negotiate and execute a One-Year Municipal Law enforcement services agreement between the City of Santa Clara and the City of Milpitas for supplemental Law enforcement services at Levi’s Stadium events; Action on a Resolution delegating authority to the City Manager to negotiate and execute future indemnity agreements and Municipal Law Enforcement Services agreements between the City of Santa Clara and other Public Safety agencies for “Double-Badgers” or supplemental Law Enforcement services.
- Public Hearing: Action on the Adoption of the Proposed FY 2023/24 & FY 2024/25 Biennial Operating Budget and FY 2023/24 Capital Improvement Program changes.
- Note and file the Resolutions of the Salary Setting Commission establishing as unchanged the Salary for the positions of Mayor and Council and City Clerk, and increasing the Salary for the position of Police Chief to $345,060/annually; and action to Adopt a Resolution approving and adopting the updated Unclassified/Elected Salary Plan for the position of Police Chief for the Period of July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2025 (deferred from June 6, 2023)
- Action on a written petition submitted by Adam Thompson requesting to place an agenda item on a future Council meeting to request that Council reconsider the El Camino Real Specific Plan Committee membership.