By Robert Haugh
There are a couple interesting items on tonight’s Santa Clara City Council meeting agenda.
One is litigation over a worker’s compensation claim filed by retired Fire Chief William “Bill” Kelly.
Here are all the items on the agenda:
- Closed session: conference with Legal Counsel-existing litigation William Kelly v. City of Santa Clara, Workers Compensation Appeals Board Case Number ADJ16898646
- Closed session: conference with Real Property Negotiators — Property: 2435 Lafayette Street, Santa Clara, CA 95050; Negotiating Parties: Home Depot Under Negotiation: Purchase of Real Property interest(s) (price and terms of payment).
- Closed session: conference with Legal Counsel-existing litigation — City of Santa Clara v. Wesco Properties, Inc. et al, (including Home Depot), Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 21CV380278
- Closed session: Conference with Real Property Negotiators — Property: 5201 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California 95054 — Negotiating Parties: Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency (SARDA)/City of Santa Clara and Techmart Owner, LLC Under Negotiation: Purchase of Real Property interest(s), price and terms of payment.
- Proclamation of the first full week of October 1-7, 2023, as Public Power week
- Proclaim September World Alzheimer’s Awareness month
- Consent calendar: Report on the Audited Santa Clara Stadium Authority Fiscal Year 2022/23 Annual financial statements
- Action on the FY 2022/23 Annual Report for the Santa Clara Tourism Improvement District (SCTID) as presented by the SCTID Owner’s Association.
- Public Hearing: Approval of the 2022-2023 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for submission to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Review and approve 2024 Council Priority Setting session framework
- Action on the Santa Clara Stadium Authority Financial status report for Quarter and Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2023 and related budget amendments
- Action on a written petition submitted by Adam Mason requesting to place an agenda item on a future Council meeting for Council to consider a Crosswalk Safe for Pedestrians at Winchester Blvd. and Dolores Avenue — Seeking to implement methods to deter speeding cars and negligent drivers from harming any more residents
- Action on a written petition submitted by Vennessa Arellanes requesting to place an agenda Item on a future Council meeting for Council to consider the parking situation at the St. Anton apartment community on Calle Del-Mundo
- Action on a written petition submitted by Anne Valta requesting to place an agenda item on a future Council Meeting for Council to consider banning leaf blowers in the City of Santa Clara