By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s Santa Clara City Council meeting has several prominent agenda items.
Former Mayor Patricia “Patty” Mahan will be honored. She passed away recently.
The Charter Review Committee will present its report to the City Council that includes survey data manipulated by individuals and bots to support the Committee’s position.
Here are the items:
- Study Session – Joint Dinner Meeting with City Council and Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Special Order of Business – Proclaim Sikh American Awareness and Appreciation Month
- Special Order of Business – Proclaim the Celebration of Diwali in the City of Santa Clara
- Public Hearing – Discussion and Potential Action on the Proposed Joint Powers Agency Agreement to Establish the Cities Association of Santa Clara County Joint Powers Agency
- Public Hearing – Discussion and Action on the Written Petition from Vice Mayor Kevin Park to move the topic(s) or date of the November 14, 2023 City Council meeting to another date
- Public Hearing – Action on a Council Written Request submitted by Councilmember Anthony Becker requesting to place an Agenda item at a future Council Meeting to consider releasing to the public the investigative findings prepared by the Van Dermyden Makus Law Firm regarding a complaint of alleged misconduct at the August 30, 2023 closed session meeting