By Robert Haugh
Hope you had a good weekend. If you’re a 49ers fan, we hope your weekend was better than theirs.
Here are some of the major items on tomorrow’s City Council agenda:
- Study session on the CalTrain electrification project.
- The Gateway Crossings project (1205 Coleman Ave) will be reviewed. This is the massive development between San Jose’s Avaya Stadium and the Costco at Brokaw and Coleman. The project includes 1,600 homes, a 182,000 square foot hotel and 15,000 square feet or retail, park and open space and parking.
- Council will take action on appointing a Downtown Task Force. This committee will be comprised of residents to help steer a Downtown Precise Plan.
- Councilman Pat Kolstad will be recognized for his service on Council. Karen Hardy was recently elected to the District 3 seat. Kolstad can now officially move to Washington. He moved out of town a year and a half ago. But Kolstad did not step down then. Interestingly, he’s stepping down a month early. Hope he gets a nice cake but doesn’t get paid for December.
- The City is approving paying out a $2 million settlement in the Smee v. City of Santa Clara case. Thankfully, the funds do not come from the General Fund.
- Council will vote on approving a four percent salary increase for City Attorney Brian Doyle.