By Robert Haugh
Here is a quick summary of the bigger items on tomorrow’s agenda:
- Council will officially adopt the certification of the November 6 election results – Raj Chahal, Karen Hardy and Hosam Haggag will be sworn in to their positions as Council members and City Clerk at the next meeting on December 18.
- A study session by Bartel & Associates LLC will address retirement costs.
- City employee Lindsay Mibach will be recognized for receiving an International award for her work supporting the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics.
- Silicon Valley Power Chief Utility Officer John C. Roukema will be recognized for his service to the City.
- Council will hear an update on the Santa Clara Lawn Bowls Club clubhouse project.
- Council will vote on starting eminent domain actions for the leasehold at David’s Restaurant at 5131 Stars & Stripes Drive and for 5105 Great America Parkway from IA Lodging Santa Clara LLC as a necessity to move forward with part of a public project.
- Council will hear more details on the plans for the College Football Playoff National Championship being held at Levi’s Stadium on January 7, 2019.
[…] https://santaclaranews.org/2018/12/10/city-council-preview-lawn-bowling-to-college-football/ […]