By Robert Haugh
Tonight’s City Council meeting includes some interesting items like:
- Closed session on Public Employee Appointment — Interim City Attorney. As everyone knows, the 49er Five ousted former City Attorney Brian Doyle. So they need to see who’s willing to take the job. A lot of eyes will be on this person especially if it looks like a politically connected appointment.
- Action on a Written Petition submitted by David Donaldson on August 14, 2021 to add an Agenda Item to a future Council Agenda to Consider Placing a Ballot Measure on the 2022 Ballot for Charter Amendments calling for the voters to consider (1) Establishing Mayor and City Council positions as full-time and with an annual salary of $96,000 and $80,000, respectively, plus commensurate benefits and COLA adjustments and (2) Campaign Reform actions relative to donations from Santa Clara businesses and residents, City matching funds for donations, funding caps, and disclosures of funding raising activities.
- Report from the Stadium Authority Regarding Stadium Manager’s Request to Approve Budget Amendment for Levi’s Signage Repairs CapEx Project and Execute Amendment to Agreement with Bear Electrical Solutions, Inc. for Electrical Maintenance and Repair Services. City Manager Deanna Santana raised this issue last month at a Council meeting as a potentially illegal act. This should be interesting.
Some other items:
- Presentation by Santa Clara Relay for Life
- Proclamation Commemorating the Twentieth Anniversary of the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001
- Proclaim National Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15, 2021 through October 15, 2021
- Public hearing on Consideration of Silicon Valley Power Quarterly Strategic Plan Update (Deferred from July 13, 2021)
- Public hearing Action on a Rezone from Planned Development (PD) to Planned Developed (PD) of the property located at 190 N. Winchester Boulevard