By Robert Haugh
Another Mission City favorite closes its doors.
La Paloma Restaurante closed on Saturday, May 2, 2021.
It’s been the talk of town.
The restaurant joins the most of many small businesses shuttering doors through effects of the pandemic. Here’s what the owners posted on the door:
“To all our loyal guests,
Since 1977, La Paloma Restaurant has been a Santa Clara staple of delicious Mexican food in a warm and friendly environment.
Thanks to our great team and loyal guests we have had the opportunity to be the home of special occasions and general dining.
We have made the extremely sad decision to close our doors (May 1st 2022) due to the economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and not being able to come to an agreement with our landlord. We thank you for the continued support all these years.
Sincerely, La Paloma Restaurant”
Good luck to the owners and workers. We’ll miss La Paloma’s Cantina Platter.
Here’s a list of local restaurants we published during the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic. Please support local businesses:
- Tony & Alba’s Pizza on Stevens Creek
- Mio Vicino at Franklin Square
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza at Franklin Square
- China Stix at Santa Clara Town Centre
- Taplands Neighborhood Brewery on Homestead at Franklin Square
- Jiaren Cafe in Franklin Square
- Voyager Craft Coffee on Stevens Creek
- Mission City Grill at Santa Clara Town Centre
- Freedom Burrito
- Taste of Pho 2450 El Camino
- Seniore’s Pizza on Monroe
- Lock Chun on Stevens Creek near Woodhams
- El Amigo Burrito Stevens Creek near Woodhams
- A Slice of New York Pizza on Stevens Creek
- Crepes Bistro on Washington Street
- Pizza Guys at Homestead & Scott
- Tapsilog Bistro at Homestead & Scott
- White Elephant Thai on El Camino at Lafayette
- Ramen One on Saratoga
- Bay Area Pizza on Homestead
- Stan’s Donuts on Homestead
- Armadillo Willy’s on Homestead
- Pizz’a Chicago 1576 Halford
- The Halford 1494 Halford
Editor’s Note: Please call businesses or check their social media updates for hours and specials.