By Robert Haugh
With shelter-in-place orders in place in Santa Clara County through at least April 7, residents can still order takeout or shop for essentials. Local businesses are open and in need of our support.
Here’s a list of some Mission City businesses that are open and offering to-go or delivery options and some specials for seniors:
- Tony & Alba’s Pizza on Stevens Creek — offering a free medium take and bake pizza to anyone over 70 and quarantined. Also offering a “craft pizza” for take-home fun.
- Mio Vicino at Franklin Square — Offering a $12.99 takeout special if you mention “stuck inside” at order.
- Fiorillo’s — open for takeout and delivery
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza at Franklin Square — open for takeout and delivery.
- China Stix at Santa Clara Town Centre — open 7 days a week for takeout.
- Neto’s Sausage — in-line ordering only for delivery.
- Taplands Neighborhood Brewery on Homestead at Franklin Square — open for delivery
- Jiaren Cafe in Franklin Square — offering delivery and takeout orders
- Voyager Craft Coffee on Stevens Creek —offering takeout and delivery
- Mission City Grill — open for takeout and delivery
- La Paloma — open for takeout and delivery
- Freedom Burrito — open for takeout and delivery
- Taste of Pho 2450 El Camino — open for takeout
- Seniore’s Pizza on Monroe — open for takeout and delivery
- Lock Chun on Stevens Creek near Woodhams — open for take out
- El Amigo Burrito Stevens Creek near Woodhams — open for take out
- A Slice of New York Pizza on Stevens Creek — open for takeout and delivery. Whole pizzas only.
- Crepes Bistro on Washington Street — open for takeout and delivery
- Chef Ming’s — On Washington Street open for takeout
- Pizza Guys — Open for delivery and takeout
- White Elephant Thai on El Camino at Lafayette — open for takeout and delivery
- Ramen One on Saratoga — open for takeout and delivery
- Po’Boys on Homestead — open for takeout and delivery
- Bay Area Pizza — open for takeout
- Zanotto’s Markets— offering a dedicated hour 8 to 9 a.m. to shopping for those over 60.
- Stan’s Donuts — takeout/pickup only
- Target — the first hour of shopping every Wednesday will be reserved for “vulnerable guests”.
- Armadillo Willy’s — open for takeout and delivery
Some businesses decided to close, at least temporarily during this trying time:
- The Fish Market on El Camino Real
- Specialty’s — multiple locations
- Funny Farm on Stevens Creek — closed as of Sunday, March 22.
Editor’s Note: Last night’s City Council meeting ratified the local state of emergency that City Manager Deanna Santana declared last week. Then, the Council continued all items until the March 24th meeting.
The City took steps to make the brief council meeting safe. Here’s what social distancing looks like in our council chambers: