By Robert Haugh
Today, the City requires everyone regardless of vaccination status to wear a mask at all indoor City of Santa Clara facilities.
This new masking requirement is in effect because of the rising cases of COVID-19 and the highly transmissible Delta variant.
The City’s new rule is consistent with the County’s recent public health order.
However the City will allow some exemptions. Following CDC guidance, individuals exempt from wearing masks are children younger than two years old and persons with medical conditions or a disability that prevents wearing a mask.
The following City facilities will implement the new mask requirement:
- Santa Clara City Hall,
- Senior Center,
- Youth Activity Center,
- Teen Center,
- Community Recreation Center,
- Reed & Grant Sports Park,
- Santa Clara Youth Soccer Park,
- Mission Branch Library,
- Central Park Library,
- Northside Branch Library,
- Mission City Memorial Park Cemetery,
- Santa Clara Police Department Building,
- Fire Stations,
- International Swim Center, and
- Warburton Pool locker rooms.