By Alex Salzmann
To Anthony Becker:
Because you yelled at women, who asked for nothing more than to have the settlement agreement independently evaluated, you are despicable.
Your screaming match was an all-time low for you. But in just watching a handful of council meetings I could see it coming.
You are Santa Clara’s “Baby Trump.”
To the 49er Five –
Let’s take a look at the facts:
- First, Jed York bought you all into office, most likely because he wanted to continue to manage the stadium and most likely because he wants to control the revenue flowing from it.
- Then you started to meet with his minions all the time.
- Then you started to fire leaders the 49ers didn’t like.
- Then you continued to grant every request the 49ers wanted.
- Then you all started liking football and going to the games and getting spotted on the field which is something only VIPs do.
- Then you started getting aggressive with Mayor Lisa Gillmor and Councilmember Kathy Watanabe, blaming them for lawsuits that other parties brought to the city.
- Then everybody started to think you were just puppets and that made you get angry. But then you kept doing whatever the 49ers wanted. You got angrier and angrier the more and more people called you puppets, even though all along, you never, ever have done one thing to prove otherwise.
Occum’s razor states that the simplest explanation is most likely to be the correct one.
The simplest explanation for all the above is that you are all compromised. I’d love to hear your explanation otherwise.
I only have two more questions:
1) Do you sleep at night?
2) If you do, what’s your secret?
Editor’s Note: Alex Salzmann is a Santa Clara neighborhood leader and District 2 resident.
The 49er Five are Councilmembers Anthony Becker, Raj Chahal, Suds Jain, Karen Hardy, and Kevin Park.
Jed York spent $3 million in November 2020 to elect Becker, Jain, and Park. They were previously 0-6 in Santa Clara elections. Chahal and Hardy have received gifts from the team recently without reporting them.