By Robert Haugh
The 49ers are dwarfing everyone in Santa Clara’s campaign spending. But Individual candidate financial reports reveal a few interesting things. Here are a few:
- Mayor Lisa Gillmor has raised about $22,000, the most of all candidates. The supermajority or her donors are Santa Clarans.
- All of Gillmor’s food expenses for her campaign kickoff party were small, local restaurants such as Crepes Bistro, Jasmine Thai and A Slice of New York.
- Both Gillmor and Karen Hardy received $300 contributions from Build Jobs PAC.
- Anthony Becker reports a donation from Union representative Gary Ferraris who he recently voted on to increase Union pay and benefits for.
- Becker received a contribution from Santa Clara Weekly/Silicon Valley Voice Publisher and former Lobbyist Miles Barber.
- Becker received large contributions from two past litigants against the City, Wes Mukoyoma and LaDonna Yumori-Kaku.
- Becker received a $500 donation from Mario Bouza, who Becker moved to appoint to the Planning Commission after removing Dr. Ron Patrick.
- Hardy also received a donation from Barber.
- Hardy spent money on photography services by Larry Sacks, a longtime SCW/SVV employee.
- Both Becker and Hardy received maximum contributions from San Jose lawyer J. Byron Fleck, who is a personal attorney for Suds Jain and who lobbied to dismiss Brian Doyle.
- Raj Chahal spent over $300 in food from a Mountain Mike’s Pizza in Campbell — even though there’s one in the Mission City.
- Christian Pellecchia received the majority of donations from co-workers at Slatter Construction.
- Larry McColloch reports the fewest contributions at only $2,500, which includes a $2,000 loan to his campaign.