By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s Santa Clara City Council meeting includes several mandatory and routine items.
Here are additional agendized items:
- Closed session — conference with Legal Counsel-anticipated litigation — exposure to litigation — not disclosed on agenda
- Closed session — conference with Legal Counsel-existing litigation — Forty Niners SC Stadium Company LLC v. Santa Clara Stadium Authority, JAMS consolidated Case No. 1110024318
- Recognition of STEM winners for the Santa Clara County 2022 Synopsys championship science fair
- Recognition of Kent Clerk as Santa Clara Fire Department volunteer firefighter
- Consent calendar — action on agreement with GFI Entertainment, LLC for concert production and stage management services for City special events
- Consent calendar — Actions to approve modifications to existing Classified job specifications and adopt a resolution approving the updated Classified Salary Plan
- Action on adoption of Resolution to delegate signature authority and appoint Acting Director of Emergency Services. (Hmm. Is this because Santa Clara has no City Manager?)
- Action on Resolution for an exception to the 180-way waiting period to appoint retired annuitant, Eric Calleja, to serve as temporary extra help in the Community Development Department to perform work as a Housing Development Officer
- Action to waive first reading and approve introduction of an Ordinance amending Sections 17.30.040 (“Supplies, Goods and Equipment”), 17.30.080 (“Best Value Selection Procedures”), 17.30.090 (“Formal Bidding Procedure”), 17.30.120 (“Service Contracts – Signature Authority”) and 17.30.130 (“Public Works”) of Title 17 (“Development”) of “The Code of the City of Santa Clara, California” to provide the Executive Director of the Stadium Authority with signature authority for contracts up to $100,000 in allocated value.
- Action on a Resolution declaring City-Owned property at 2319 Gianera Street as surplus land as required by State law
- Action on the Proposed Santa Clara Stadium Authority Fiscal Year 2023/24 Budget, Stadium Operation and Maintenance Plan, and 2023 Non-NFL Events Marketing Plan.