By Robert Haugh
Councilmember Suds Jain is requesting to place an agenda item at a future Council meeting to discuss making the Youth Soccer Park Parking Lot available to the 49ers. Jain says this would be when there are no events at the Youth Soccer Park. This sounds a lot like the first step in the 49ers’ attempt to take the park years ago. Stand Up for Santa Clara was created in response and stopped the effort. Let’s see if history repeats itself.
Tomorrow’s special Council meeting also features a lot of other items.
- Closed session Public Employee Appointment — Executive Recruiter for City Attorney
- Verbal Report from City Manager regarding COVID-19 Pandemic
- Verbal Report Update from City Manager Regarding the Local Drought Emergency
- Consideration of Silicon Valley Power Quarterly Update
- Action on a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Award and Execute Agreements, Amendments, Purchase Orders, and Change Orders, with Various Vendors as Required to Complete Emergency Repairs, Corrective and Preventative Maintenance at the Gianera Generating Station, Including Purchase of a Spare Rotor; Increasing Previous Authorization to an Aggregate Amount Not-to-Exceed $12,000,000 and Related Budget Amendment
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Keith Stattenfield Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Discuss requirements from the Office of the City Attorney on Approving an Update to the CC&R’s of the Casa del Rey Homeowner’s Association Bylaws