By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s Santa Clara City Council and Stadium Authority meeting is headlined by a closed session on the litigation between the City and 49ers.
The 49ers have reported to the media that their “final and best offer” is on the table. Their “best” offer is really the “worst” for the City according to a comprehensive analysis by the San Francisco Chronicle this weekend that former director of the Santa Clara University’s Markkula Center for Applied Ethics Dr. Tom Shanks called “Funny Money.”
Stand Up for Santa Clara is circulating a petition to make the meeting open to the public and have independent experts review the numbers.
Here’s where you can sign the petition.
Here are several other items on the agenda:
- Recognition of Intel Corporation for Donation of At-Home Test Kits to Support City’s COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Verbal Report from the Chief Emergency Services Officer regarding COVID-19 Pandemic
- Verbal Report Update from City Manager Regarding the Local Drought Emergency
- Proclamation of September 2022 as Community Preparedness Month
- Action on a Resolution Adopting the Pruneridge Avenue Complete Streets Plan and Selection of a Preferred Design Concept
- Action to Consider Possible Financial Assistance Options Related to the Replacement of a Private Concrete Wall Adjacent to Pruneridge Avenue in the Laurel Park East Neighborhood and Potential Delegated Authority for a Budget Amendment
- Action on Written Petition Regarding Street Tree Canopy Advocacy
- Action on a Council Written Request Submitted by Vice Mayor Suds Jain Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Discuss the Possibility of a Ballot Measure to Change the Chief of Police and City Clerk Position from Elected to Appointed
- Action on a Council Written Request Submitted by Jain Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Discuss Changing the Parking Policy Since Providing Free Parking at the Convention Center is Very Expensive
- Action on a Council Written Request Submitted by Jain Requesting to Place an Agenda Item at a Future Council Meeting to Discuss how to Change the Noticing Policy so as to Reach More People
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Lee Broughman Requesting to Place an Agenda Item on a Future Council Meeting for Council to Discuss the Issue of Council Person Karen Hardy and Raj Chahal Attendance as a Guest of 49ers at a Game on November 15, 2021 in Violation of Santa Clara City Council Gift Policy and reprimand for these violations
- Action on a Written Petition Submitted by Victor Ojakian Requesting to Place an Agenda Item on a Future Council Meeting for Council to Adopt a City Suicide Prevention Policy