By Robert Haugh
Tuesday’s Santa Clara City Council meeting should see plenty of fireworks. And it’s been almost three months since July 4th.
The meeting is devoted solely to overdue topics surrounding events and public safety at Levi’s Stadium. Have your popcorn ready.
Here’s the agendized items:
- Closed Session: Threat to Public Services or Facilities — consultation with Santa Clara Police Department Assistant Chief Derek Rush and Captain Richard Fitting
- Public Hearing: Accept the report on the Santa Clara Stadium Authority’s Non-NFL Events’ documents by JS Held, LLC
- Public Hearing: Accept the report on the analysis of Past Stadium Construction Fund and Public Safety transactions conducted by JS Held, LLC
- Public Hearing: Accept the report on the Review of the 2019 College Football Playoff Game Revenues and Expenses performed by the PUN Group.
- Public Hearing: Informational report on Super Bowl LX updates
- Public Hearing: Informational report on FIFA World Cup 2026 updates
- Public Hearing: Informational report on July 2, 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup at Levi’s Stadium and Event-related impacts
- Consent Calendar: Conference with Legal Counsel-anticipated litigation — exposure to litigation: One case – not disclosed on agenda