By Robert Haugh
Tomorrow’s Santa Clara City Council meeting sees discussion on several items, including making Taylor Swift honorary Mayor for two days.
Here’s the agenda items:
- Proclaim Taylor Swift as Honorary Mayor and name the City of Santa Clara to “Swiftie Clara” for Ceremonial Purposes only for July 28, 2023 to July 29, 2023
- Recognition of Miss Santa Clara Kimberly Vernon
- Public hearing: Silicon Valley Power Quarterly update
- Public hearing: Action on appointments related to a Charter Review Committee and direction to study Charter Amendment alternatives related to Police Chief and City Clerk positions for possible placement on a March, 2024 ballot.
- Public hearing: Action to Approve Introduction of an Ordinance Amending the Santa Clara City Code to create a Limited-Term pilot project regulating vending upon certain public sidewalks and pedestrian paths around Levi’s Stadium on event days including the waiver of certain business and permit fees
- Public hearing: Action on a written Petition by Councilmember Suds Jain to appropriate funds to support the work of the Charter Review Committee as well as strategic policy analysis, voter research, community engagement and other related costs associated with Election activities and potential ballot measures in 2024